The Sim Family in New Zealand
Ancestors and Descendants of:
- James Snr. and Janet Sim and son James Jnr.—arrived April 1841 in Wellington New Zealand aboard the Barque Olympus. They came from Forfar in Scotland.
- The Mitchell family, John and Mary with daughter Elizabeth, reached Wellington in October 1841, sailing on the Gertrude.
- Eli Allen was aged 20 when he arrived at Wellington in March 1842 aboard the Birman.
- Also aboard the Birman were Thomas and Mary Ann Morgan, with young son John (8).
- Ellen Wensley Richardson was just 22 years old when she sailed on the Ship Halcione from London to Wellington in 1872. The passenger list described her as a General Servant, bound for Napier.
- George and Elizabeth Mercer and son John who traveled to New Zealand on the Barque Adamant arriving in Nelson in August 1874. The Mercer family was from Yalding, Kent in England.
- George and Ellen Anderson with son William (6 months), arrived November 1874 on the Ship Howrah. This family were from the Shetland Islands in Scotland.
- In December 1874, the Devlin family arrived in Wellington on the Soukar. Hugh and Rose Ann brought a large family, including young son Joseph (4).
- August and Marit Rosanowski and young daughter Pauline (1½) traveled on the Lammershagen from Hamburg, arriving in Wellington in July 1875.
- Samuel and Elizabeth Free with daughter Gertrude, came to Wellington on the Royal Mail Steamer Arawa, arriving in June 1893.